Thursday, September 2, 2010

WHERE THE HECK HAVE I BEEN??? (Tomb Kings)



Sooo besides healing from my surgery and catching up on work that I missed when I was out of work.... I really have not been doing much but spinning gears in my head. I picked up Island of Blood. Love the new version of the game... and played a game using my A game Tomb Kings.

Tomb Kings were not really competitive in 7th and boy are they brutally crap in 8th... or at least on first glance... Skeletons are worse than ever. Fear was nerfed and they crumble like no tomorrow. Everyone else is better at combat with step up and additional attacks which means that skeletons get smashed into next week even with the HWS ward save. On the other hand.... they never run and if built properly tomb kings magic is hard to stop meaning opponents will have a hard time stopping you from building those skeles right back. Sooo skeletons can be a useful tarpit... Excellent.

Their bowmen are essentially the same and the catapult (too bad I don;t have a catapult painted) is better with the new template rules and no guess range.

The new bevy of magic items definitely help the cause. I have a few ideas for items including putting a 2nd king in my list with a wizards hat. More magic goodness... I also like the idea of the duelists blade and the armour that makes people hit you on a minus 1. All of a sudden most opponents are hitting on 6's.. cool. I would probably take something with a little more punch though... Have to see...

Ushabti are great in the new book if overcosted... I would love to rock a horde unit BUT that would be a huge points sink...
And cost a million dollars...

Bone giants with thunderstomp are AWESOME! I wiped out a unit of dragon princes who charged me! AWESOME!

Icon bearers are all of a sudden useful again. (I just need to remember to use them!)

I ran a unit of tomb guard with my king and a unit of chariots into 50 lothern seaguard... It was UGLY! Poof! My army was gone.

Looking at the True Line of Sight rules the biggest winner could just be the old casket of souls... Also a great option I haven't painted... Hmmmm....

I have Axemaster coming up in a few weeks. Might try and get some new toys ready... Tomb Kings are a weak list but they could be fun to mess with while I learn the ropes... Or I could just play daemons...

Decisions decisions...

Anyone have any good ideas..?

1 comment:

  1. Herm...just to say, remember that stomp and thunderstomp doesn't work against cavalry!

    Otherwise, you have a wonderfully painted army! Nice to see that there is still TK players ^^

    ReplyDelete