Friday, May 20, 2011

Heresy Horus Model... Or... Look What I Can Buy On the Internets!

So I was on my old friend Wargamerau the other day and I found this little gem kicking around for $45. I bought it on a whim and I am glad that I did.

It is indeed Horus Lupercal and while mine is not painted I am quite pleased with the overall quality of the model.

The model itself is a little too thin for my liking but he towers over regular space marines. He comes with a set of stairs as a base.

Without the stairs his mace is too long to have him hold that AND not have it buried in the table top.I am lucky I guess as I did break mine... I am awesome (sigh) like that. Soooo I think I will take the opportunity to shorten it a bit.

His shoulder is a separate piece from the rest of his body but otherwise his arms, legs and torso are one piece. The claw and mace are separate as well. Here is the body and the shoulder...

His weapons before I broke the mace:


There is remarkably little flash for a resin model (I guess I am used to Forgeworld) but some of the detail is not as crisp as I have come to expect from GW resins. That being said I am keen to give him a layer of paint and see how he comes out.

I might use him next to my all metal RT era marines painted as Sons of Horus. Then he would REALLY look big.

1 comment:

  1. I want this. Do you know where I can buy one of these??

    ReplyDelete